- Tom Ford makes Terry Gross happily uncomfortable on Fresh Air. It's desperately funny. He may be trying to seduce her.
- I have no less than four active projects on more than a dozen needles, 2/3 are presents including a massive task of spinning 9 ounces of Malarkey merino for Ms. Jess.
- Up in the Air was very good. Vera Farmiga is breathtaking and holds her own against Clooney. Where has she been all my life?
- This upcoming year, I will increase my production for newborn hats confining the yarn choices to either Knitpicks Superwash Worsted or Cascade 220 Superwash Worsted.
- I've been singing "Here We come a Wassailing" to myself. As it has only four notes and I can safely hit three of them. It's the only Christmasy thing I can sing . Where exactly is one supposed to breathe while singing?
- In an attempt to convey some kind of professionalism my hair has been ironed into submission and it is frightening to look in the mirror expecting to see a terrier and being faced a somewhat worse-for-wear Labrador,
- I am also wearing my only red sweater, mostly because our office building does not heat my current office. If I've knit you anything red, you know the color. Unswerving devotion.
- What has the world got against marzipan?!
Monday, December 14, 2009
I'm sorry, Darlings. It's been awhile and I have really missed you. There was this icky flu and then work exploded and it took awhile to dig myself out. I am almost out of the wood. Almost. Here's bit of brain detritus.