Monday, January 12, 2009

It's not writing, it's typing

New Purchase:
  • Black Dansko clogs. They were a bit more than I could afford but my old shoes were downright decrepit and the Frye boots need a break. Today I am wearing said clogs with very bright chevron striped hand knit socks. (Note to self: Do not run in clogs.)
Making Progress:
  • The Obama Cross stitch, 80% done. (I am never fecking doing this again; not unless I get a new pair of eyes.)
  • Turquoise felt slippers: 1 down, 1 to go.
  • Spinning: Pigeonroof Knits' semi-luminous merino/silk blend roving Papaya in singles (pink, red, orange). This could be my favorite fiber blend. Thanks, Krista, for the custom order.
Anticipating:
  • Stitches West in Santa Clara at the end of February. I want Katherine to come West. (Katherine? You need to call us or send photos! Or both!)
  • Inauguration Day: UC Library is going to have a massive screen on the lawn.

New Year's Resolutions:
  • Keeping the finances in check. So far, so good!
  • Moleskine Desk Daily Diary. It's red so I can't lose it although I am doodling like mad.

Great Visuals:
  • A terrific moon: Saturday night, Sunday night and this morning. What will it do next?!
  • Perse, Mac and Zeek all crammed in a green recycle bin, begging to be pushed around the yard.
  • Huge piles of yellow leaves being swept by the wind down the street in a big ocher cloud.
Various:
  • Delving into the Box of Test Smellies: a bit of unknown Gucci. It's actually pretty nice. Spicy. Not my usual kind of stench.
  • Fearing: Just the usual: poverty, nakedness, humiliation, death and huarache sandals.
  • Best Gift Ever: gold handknit herringbone socks from Jessica. Absolutely splendid.

1 comment:

Mnmom said...

My dansko clogs are some of my favorite possessions. Can get great deals on Ebay!