It's not writing, it's typing

New Purchase:
  • Black Dansko clogs. They were a bit more than I could afford but my old shoes were downright decrepit and the Frye boots need a break. Today I am wearing said clogs with very bright chevron striped hand knit socks. (Note to self: Do not run in clogs.)
Making Progress:
  • The Obama Cross stitch, 80% done. (I am never fecking doing this again; not unless I get a new pair of eyes.)
  • Turquoise felt slippers: 1 down, 1 to go.
  • Spinning: Pigeonroof Knits' semi-luminous merino/silk blend roving Papaya in singles (pink, red, orange). This could be my favorite fiber blend. Thanks, Krista, for the custom order.
Anticipating:
  • Stitches West in Santa Clara at the end of February. I want Katherine to come West. (Katherine? You need to call us or send photos! Or both!)
  • Inauguration Day: UC Library is going to have a massive screen on the lawn.

New Year's Resolutions:
  • Keeping the finances in check. So far, so good!
  • Moleskine Desk Daily Diary. It's red so I can't lose it although I am doodling like mad.

Great Visuals:
  • A terrific moon: Saturday night, Sunday night and this morning. What will it do next?!
  • Perse, Mac and Zeek all crammed in a green recycle bin, begging to be pushed around the yard.
  • Huge piles of yellow leaves being swept by the wind down the street in a big ocher cloud.
Various:
  • Delving into the Box of Test Smellies: a bit of unknown Gucci. It's actually pretty nice. Spicy. Not my usual kind of stench.
  • Fearing: Just the usual: poverty, nakedness, humiliation, death and huarache sandals.
  • Best Gift Ever: gold handknit herringbone socks from Jessica. Absolutely splendid.

Comments

Mnmom said…
My dansko clogs are some of my favorite possessions. Can get great deals on Ebay!

Popular posts from this blog

What the WHAT?!