A Story from the Knitters For Obama Message Board

From Textilegeek on the Knitters for Obama Message Board:

"I went to go cash some checks at the bank today. The entire time I was there, there was a black teller (normally I wouldn’t care what color the guy was, but this has everything to do with the story) behind the counter (behind the big bulletproof glass thing) that was telling the other tellers about how all politicians are corrupt, and there’s no way that Obama could possibly have raised all the money he did.

When I got up to the counter, dealing with another teller but speaking to the black teller, I said that if a bunch of knitters could raise over $32,000, can you imagine what the rest of the country could have raised?

He asked: “What did you say?”
“If a group called Knitters for Obama could raise over $32,000, what do you think everyone else could have raised?”
“You didn’t just say that. Who for Obama?”
“Knitters.”
“Who?”
“Knitters. You know, the people who take two sticks and yarn and knit things like sweaters and blankets?”
“OH.”

The teller in front of me is by now turning several shades of purple and trying madly to supress her giggling, and failing, badly.

“What did you think I said?”
“Nevermind.”

By now the teller is handing me money, and she’s trying to keep from laughing out loud, and is only getting it down to the point where she’s shaking a bit. I told her, “Yeah, I can’t believe he thought I said that, too.” "

Knitters for Obama raised 32,717.40 for the Obama Campaign

I might just start to love this country again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the WHAT?!