The List of Five Things

5 things in my bag
  • nail clippers (I am never without at least one of these.)
  • 4 oz. of merino/silk, purple. I am hiding this from the Steven.
  • 2 overdue library books
  • Heather's wallet calendar for 2004
  • Pocket sized Kleenex pack, half used

5 favorite things in my room
  • Romanian underwear the color and substance of smoke
  • A statue of Jizo, wearing a handmade scarf
  • A photo of my mum, age six
  • A vase of hairpins
  • A collection of handmade socks

5 things I have always wanted to do
  • Sing anything in tune.
  • Travel with only a toothbrush.
  • Dress well.
  • Shave my head.
  • Concentrate though an entire game of chess.

5 things I'm currently into
  • Giving thanks instead of saying prayers.
  • Exploring fiscal moderation.
  • Spinning: anything and everything.
  • Wild yeast and hot ovens.
  • City noise and its absence
Read it? Tag, you're it.

Tagged from the splendid, tanned and newly graduated Melinda June. (Congratulations, Darling.)



Comments

Anonymous said…
I like the absence of city noise. When we go to Rehoboth beach, and all I can hear is the ocean, it's stunning.
Mnmom said…
My youngest asked for an ocean noises CD for her 9th birthday - my little zen child. I love to listen too. Beats the hell out of the pomeranians next door.
Linda 'K' said…
"Exploring Fiscal Moderation..." I like that concept. So what's the first step? First you have to find and example of same so you can see what it looks like, right? And what if there ARE no role models out there (myself definitely excluded from that category). Certainly you could then check out a book from the library on it (the epitome itself of fiscal mod). But how eggzactly does one put it into play. Or take oneself out of the non-moderation play? Please, oh Please, do give updates when you find out the mysteries of this important subject.

Popular posts from this blog

What the WHAT?!