Okay, I am awake.

Steven has the most peculiar way of waking your majesty up. "I'mofftoworkHere'ssomecoffee.Couldn'tfindyourmugsoIputitinthisinsulatedcoffeepot. Sipcarefully.CanIgetyousomecake?Verygoodwithcoffee. Yah,alreadyhadsome.bye!bye!Gottago!" What? Where?! Huh?!

Yesterday I make my first entirely competent yellow buttermilk layer cake with some very nice chocolate satin frosting. (Three cups of powdered sugar, man. That explains the current frontal lobe headache.) Even used the off-set spatula to make it perfect. Moist, substancial, just what I wanted. I got the recipe from the NYT two weeks ago, so if you are interested e-mail me and I can send you the copy in Word format.

I had a very big interview yesterday at UC Berkeley's EHS department. My lack of pre-award qualifications worried me, but during the interview it struck me that it could be a very good fit. I hope they call.

Afterwards, I toddled over to the Cheeseboard for pizza: a guyere/potato/asiago piece of art on a crust which can only be described as moaningly perfect. $2.25. Doesn't get much better than that.

I have discovered that people look at you strangely when you wear a suit in Berkeley and don't reek of patchouli.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the WHAT?!