Nothing like a Solo Saturday Morning

Must remember:
  • butter (I'm down to a half pound. Of butter. Not my own ass, regrettably.)
  • chives, tarragon (making compound butter)
  • spinach (eatmorevegetables)
  • cheddar cheese
  • cat food (picky bitch! picky bitch!)
Other:
  • Craving: a good chocolate croissant
  • Need: to paint my toenails.
  • McGyver: the Tivo
  • Spinning: silver merino bamboo blend. gooooorrrgeous!
  • Big Experiment: rice in the microwave
  • Question: Does anyone else out there like souffle? Am I the only one? Any particular flavor?

Comments

catmum said…
yeah baby, souffle! In the 60s there was a tiny restaurant in Carmel called Le Coq d'Or, run by a husband and wife, maybe 5 tables tops, they made the most awesome potato souffle.ever.wow.
but I'll happily try anything. I have made a salmon souffle since before my kids were born, it is there favorite dish and all wanted a copy when they left home (and still beg me to make it when I visit them or vice versa)
Would love to taste a chocolate souffle sometime
Linda 'K' said…
Haven't had souffle in YEEARRRs. Been craving a decent brioche forever - Starbucks in Pike Place used to get them from somewhere in the 70's and I STILL remember them. Apparently hard to find good ones in Seattle now. Never tried to make one - all that hoopla about opening the door at the wrong time or heavy footed dancing in front of the stove making them fall.....the intimidation!

Popular posts from this blog

What the WHAT?!