Knitting related injury

On the way home from work yesterday an abrupt stop at Claremont and College pitched me six feet down the aisle of the bus. When I got to my feet I looked down to see one the double pointed needles for the gloves I'd been knitting was still in my hand, but in a rather different position. The business end was 5 mm deep into the palm side of the index finger. I had to have the stranger sitting next to me yank the damn thing out.

My knees are jammed, but otherwise I'm fine. The hole is a pretty clean puncture and I've had a tetanus shot last year.

Pondering hats still.

Comments

Kireliols said…
I hope you're doing better- that sounded terrible! Where is Dr. Ben Bob? surely he would make a housecall!
Ben-Bob said…
Are you okay? Have you had it looked at? Please tell me you've had it looked at. Do I need to come over there with sutures and my nifty wound irrigation kit?
Mnmom said…
Holy Cow! Be sure to clean that thing, and soak it. Punctures are nasty in a thousand different ways.

Popular posts from this blog

What the WHAT?!