Muzak to Run From

Holy Cats! I've been tagged by Michael G. , who makes us talk of cheese. I adore him.

The Lyrical Version of Waterboarding: My Personal Ten Songs of Torture
- Girl from Ipanema - any incarnation
- Three Times a Lady - Lionel Richie
- The Girl is Mine - Michael Jackson and Sir McCartney (Is it the lighting or is McCartney not resembling Eleanor Roosevelt more and more these days?)
- Pachabel Cannon - just any version with waves or seagull sounds
- Bolero - Ravel
- Born in the USA - Springsteen
- You Don't Bring Me Flowers - Diamond and Streisand
- Rock You Like a Hurricane - Scorpions
- Who's That Girl/Where's the Party - Madonna (might as well be the same song. Dang, that girl can get all squeeky.)
- Livin' La Vida Loca- Ricky Martin (Nope. I just don't see it. Not even in the tight trousers.)
- Wishin' and Hopin' - Dusty Springfield (or anyone else for that matter. I find the content irritating as well as the hoppy, breathless phrasing.)

Feeling grouchy about the holiday? Here's the fix: Issac's Turkey Hat
- Turkish Tents!
- Indian Tents!
- Yurts in Big Sur! (I need to book this)

Why am I obsessing over flimsy outdoor structures when my feet are beginning to freeze over for the winter? Pass the mattress heater and wool socks.

Comments

michaelg said…
A brilliant list, Senorita Leiderhosen! The inclusion of popular classical music- genius. Let's not forget A Fifth of Beethoven or the over-use Carmina Burana in horror films. Eeek.
And to make matters worse-
After lovin' me late at night, when it's good for you and you're feeling alright, you just roll over and turn out the light. *sniffle* You don't bring me flowers anymore. (The least of Babs's problems.)
Mnmom said…
Such a highbrow list!! I'd forgotten all about the classical genre.
Isn't MG wonderful??

Popular posts from this blog

What the WHAT?!