Messy Desk Friday



My desk: 10:54 PM 10/18. this should provide some insight to my mental state and it always looks something like this on a Amber Danger Label day. Some of the less obvious things on display:
  • An Oakland parking ticket with green envelope (expired parking permit, since remedied)
  • Shopping list with three attempts at spelling anchovies. In pencil. Minor teethmarks.
  • 1 skien of merino (renamed Melinda June) and 1 disappointingly small hank of unspun silk
  • Jury Summons (my fourth since moving here), temporarily ignored.
  • Emergency earrings for when I need to masquerade as a grownup. 1 dangly earring currently in use as cat toy.
  • October BookSense
  • One free range House hippo, yellow.


4 oz. Carbonized Bamboo, very shiny, not terribly elastic, doing an amazing impersonation of silk. Pity the stuff is just as expensive. Das 'Po has said he might accept a scarf out of said stuff. (He hates wool.)

I love the Sartorialist, despite my inability to dress myself in anything but Frye boots and Old Navy tee shirts. This post delights me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the WHAT?!