Last gasp of freedom

Tonight is my sister Heather's birthday celebration, so the whole fan-damn-ily is going to play bocce. Yes, I come from a burg so pretentious they have a bocce ball club. Fucking stupid town, I tell you.

While frantically knitting a very red sweater (#263, Cascade 220 in that ruby red everyone seems addicted to) I am re-watching A Very Long Engagement directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet, who I adore and starring the lovely Audrey Tatou. This is the same pairing that brought us the colorful and luminous Amelie, which is you haven't heared the director's commentary on, go listen to it; it's a delicious dance through a mythical Paris.

Last night was Knitting Group, Otherwise Known as Jessica who invited me over for a movie (Goodnight and Good Luck), rabbits and knitting. She bestowed a pair of lovely black boots on me, which is a great stroke of luck and a good sign.

I am ready for work. Copies of A-133 and the NIH Grants Management Manual are ready for use, my closet and clothes are in fantastic order and I have the bus schedule all worked out. Rah!!!

Could someone please explain scented tampons to me. I must be missing something.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the WHAT?!